Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

<< You are one of the lucky ones then, I know too many male pyrs that do
 not like children and NO they did not come from Bad breeders, or Bad
 parents.  They are from some of the top breeders in the country.  These
 males just don't tolerate children of any age.  My bitch and others that
 I've seen, think children are wonderful.  When I'm at a show with one of
 my boys and a child comes up to me, I am always well aware of what my
 dog is doing.  The look in my dog's eyes are always "get me away from
 this kid".   >>

I am sorry to hear this, but the fact is that male dogs should not dislike
kids because of their maleness.  Males can be less maternal (stupid sentence),
but will get along well with children.  One of our male dogs dogs got real
nervous with a crawling baby coming at him.  He would growl and get up and
move.  Never any chance of a bit, but once the baby got up on his feet he was
now fine.  Something about this baby on all fours made him real uncomfortable
and confused him somewhat, but he knew "he" must move and not interfere with
the baby.  The parents (us) must keep our crawling infants out of this
potential danger as well.  We have to understand that dogs have personality
differences that involve empathy and tolerance levels just as we do.  We
should be aware and sensitive to the differences in these individuals.

Joe