Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

<< Some people say that its different when a male pyr is raised with small
 children, that the males tend to bond more than a female would.  But
 then again look what happens, a child gets bit.  Just because a male pyr
 bites a child or anyone, does not mean that the parents of this male pyr
 were bad. >>

One of our first dogs was a very large rugged bitch.  Sweet to all of us
including our children who were small at the time.  One day the bitch went
through two doors, knocked them down, to get to some kids playing in our front
yard with our kids.  The neighbors kids got bit, not so badly but blood and
skin were involved.  No reason.  The bitch was from a top breeder, but the
problem was genetic.  So don't blame males and all "top breeders" do not breed
the correct temperament.  You have to understand that some breeders get
"seduced" by beauty and show wins and ignore things such as nasty temperament.
They can work with their dogs and even medicate them to win and that's most
important to them.

Joe