Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Pyr that bit

Anyone who thinks that, from this story, the 8 year old girl
> could be mistaken for a wolf equivalent needs to think about what they expect
> from our breed.  I submit this is not allowable or characteristic Pyr
> behavior.

I wouldn't equate this described 8 year old as being percieved as a wolf
- I do think there is more to this than what was described. My daughter
at 8(she's almost 11 now) could have been and was mistaken for an adult
because of her size. We also don't know if this 8 year old struck at the
dog or acted in a threatening manner towards the dog. Dog probably also
has the sense to know that a 3 year old does not know who to let in and
who not to. I do not let my 13 year old nephew near my dogs, they do
react to him with warnings - this is also a kid that has been expelled
from school for violent behavior and has hit my oldest Pyr.

Lisa