Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat:Behavior, pyr that bit

> Ok - the devils advocate in me again - now, what if that 8 year old was
> the size of an adult? I say this because my daughter is often mistaken
> for an adult and she's only turning 11.
>
> Lisa

I have to admit, one of the reasons why I (personally) feel for the dog,
is becasue the dog is always "wrong".  Now wait...don't jump on me
yet...let me explain.  I am not saying this dog was in the right, what I
am saying is that no matter the reasons behind a bite, the dog always
takes the blame.
If you have ever lived around really mean kids, who have tormented your
dogs, stood in their yard screaming and throwing rock, even had them
invite themselves over into your kennel area so they can get closer to
the barking dogs so they can poke them with sticks ect....you might
understand a bit of how I feel.
	Now, are my feeling correct, no I don't think so....but I also
can't stand the fact that this dog was put into the position to bite
either.  It was not a proper response on the part of the dog...but it
still saddens me.
	Do I think that this dog should be destroyed?
	Yes.  Unfortunately I do think it would be best.
	Do I think it is the *right* descision.
	That, I don't know.
This is very, very tragic.  And while I do feel for the child...I also
feel strongly for the dog...who now, will die.

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"