[PyrNet-L] CHAT, OTHER: Lundberg, yoo 'ave some 'splainin' too dooo...

Hi again all,

First, thanks for all the nice notes I got.  Quite a few of you
followed up with questions about the thesis itself, so I figured I'd
try to reach all of you this way even if it has nada to do with Pyrs
(well, I *did* thank the four-legged beasts in the acknowledgments
for "showing me what enjoying life really means").

The PhD is in Cellular and Molecular Biology and the title is:

    "Gamma-delta Cytotoxicity in Naturally
    Bovine Leukemia Virus-infected Cattle."

Virtually all dairy cattle herds in the US have at least one animal
infected with this virus and it causes huge losses each year to the
industry.  The virus doesn't do much to most animals, but a few get
tumors or other complications.  My work has identifed a type of blood
cells that appear closely connected with whether the animals progress
in disease or not.  These cells can kill infected cells and only
exist in the non-progressed stage of infection.

I hope this was not too annoying or obscure.  I will try to answer
future questions only in private email.

Patric.

psl@ahabs.wisc.edu
www.ahabs.wisc.edu/Student/Lundberg/Home.html
Department of Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences
University of Wisconsin at Madison
Madison, WI 53706, USA.