Re: [PyrNet-L] thunder relief

Grateful thanks to Janice for suggesting the melatonin for Ivy Rose during
thunder storms. We've been trying it for a week, and although she still
pants and shows signs of anxiety while the storm is around, she's nothing
like as frantic as she was. It helps if we can anticipate the storm and
give her some a little ahead of time. We are *all* very appreciative! We
talked with our vet first, and she had not heard of the reports you
mentioned, but is awaiting our experiences. She is, understandably, very
reluctant to prescribe tranquillizers, esp. to pyrs with their
sensitivities to anesthesia etc. Anyway, our lives have been much calmer!
Last night, Ivy actually slept through the latter half of the storm. She
still wants to be close, but she had been getting frantic enough that we
were concerned she'd hurt herself, whether in or out of her crate.
Ann, Peg, Paddington, and Ivy Rose