Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Mile-Hi Specialty

Charlotte,

Don't worry- I didn't think you were asking for a critique. I'm very glad
for your desire to learn and your positive attitude. So, I guess I'll just
put on a tough skin and state some of my opinions.

CH. Euzkalzale Sundance Legend just has IT- I think he's very beautiful. He
stood out very distinctly for me from the rest- that was weird to me because
even things like his coat seeming whiter/bluer made an impression. My eyes
would keep returning to him because he was so very distinctive. Then, his
movement combined with this overall package of something very unique. He's
got attitude in spades where he knows he's something special- but better, he
really *is* something special. I hear he was just a demon baby when he was
younger. And still something of a diva now. :-)

CH Tip'N Chip Country Pleasure has a very laid-back, mellow temperament.
Which I happen to really enjoy. He's a gentleman. I know that because I've
had the pleasure of meeting him both away from shows and during this
particular show. He's very sweet and easy-going. Has that whole big bear
head thing going. Very lovable. *Though I should say someone advised me, not
with reference to this pyr though, that the big bear head thing is NOT in
conformation with the best of the breed- more representative of a St.
Bernard or such, unless it was in good proportion to the rest of the body-
see how much I have to learn!

There was one pyr whose name was Flower- who I was sentimentally rooting for
because she had spooked at an earlier show. Even though I just met her that
day, I knew as long as her confidence in herself could keep getting boosted,
she would be fine. And I was glad to see her do fairly well in the ring. She
may have even won something- but her owner would have to tell me that since
I don't know what her formal name is.

There was another pyr named Smudge who had this large black marking over one
eye- but the expression in her eyes was so vividly loving and sweet that she
also stood out in my memory. You know how dog lovers go on about how you can
see the soul reflected in their eyes? Well, Smudge is one hugely soulful
pyr.

Finally, the last dog that stood out in my mind- unfortunately I really
can't remember this pyr's name- was handled by Karla Smith out of Wyoming.
*I really hope I'm not going to embarrass Karla here. But the reason these
TWO stood out (Karla & pyr) is they seemed to me such a very strong unit.
Together, they had IT- that indefinable something which I (only poorly) try
to describe as a flowing of spirit, attitude, pride (the good kind), and
uniqueness. I really like seeing teams like these where both together bring
out such an animation, such a quality of being ALIVE. They are not just
going through the motions, not bored, not "been there, done that" even if
they have many times, they appear in sync with each other. That's a
treasure. She seems a wonderful handler. I think they won stuff, too- alas,
can't remember what prize it was or what for.

That seems worthy to strive for- even if, as I currently think, one has no
intention of showing their pyr. But I'd really like to cultivate that kind
of relationship with Mukki- where we're such a team that there can be pride,
beauty, and strength in each of our steps and being in sync with each other
(a very strong bond of trust and respect). But we have a lot of work ahead
of us... It's glorious to see, though!

Christina