Re: [PyrNet-L] pyr rescue question GENERAL

There have been some really good answers on whether rescue will place a
dog that has bitten. As far as I know, there is no National Rescue
Policy for Pyrs that is mandatory for everyone who works in rescue (am I
wrong about this?).  Since most rescue work is done by local clubs, and
they are the ones with the policies,  they can differ from area to area.
It also depends on the availability of people willing to evaluate and
house rescue dogs. I, personally, am very leery of placing dogs that
have bitten for fear of being held responsible. Unfortunately, there are
usually more rescue dogs than homes,and the dogs without problems will
be the first ones to be placed.
Charlotte