Re: [PyrNet-L] Barking question

<< I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for this because my neighbors are
 starting to complain. Teddy has a habit of barking at everything when she is
 outside. I swear she can see things to bark at that are blocks away because
 when I look I don't see anything. >>

Boy, does this ever sound familiar <g>.  Unfortunately I have a female,Sammi,
who is a shadow barker also.  I swear that I have used binoculars to see if i
could find what she is barking at and came to the conclusion finally that it
must have been a leaf or twig or shadow ( I  mean really,  it is quite
undignified to bark at nothing now isnt it?)
I will tell you that I have tried everything that my OB teacher has suggested,
read books you name it.  I refused to use a shock collar, I tried it once and
it scared her so badly that she hid under the deck and would have nothing to
do with me for days.  My vet suggested a Anti Barking device that uses
Citronella instead-- it reacts on vibration also,  but instead of shocking it
squirts a burst of citronella ( which they hate the smell) and makes them quit
barking immedieately..  And is humane... not to mention a GREAT threatening
tool when she gets on a roll in the house in the middle of the night <G>  If
you woild like some info on where to get one of these-- email me privately and
I can send you the info on where to order it--
Good Luck!
Steph and Sammi ( now renamed the Great Barkenese)
PYRGRL1@aol.com