Re: [PyrNet-L] Fw: boarding

> I hope someone can help me out.  This is the first time I will be
breeding
> my Pyr(Takeysha)  and was wondering if you're breeding the bitch to your
> dog.  Would you charge a boarding fee for the bitch if she had to stay
for
> breeding?

If your Takeysha is from a reputable breeder (which it sounds like she is),
her breeder should be able to answer all these questions for you.  Her
breeder can also help a newcomer determine what faults to breed out, or
what you need in a stud dog in order to improve on your girl.  Her breeder
can also tell you what health problems are in the background to look out
for and test for prior to breeding.  Plus, most reputable breeders like to
(and indeed have it in contract to) know what breedings are taking place in
their lines.

Just a suggestion - I'm not jumping on anybody's case.  If this is your
first dog breeding, you will need that support of your girls breeder, for
they can answer many more questions you're bound to have while caring for a
litter!  <g>

Patti Brunkala
menditar@grrtech.com
Oregon