Re: [PyrNet-L] New puppy

Thanks for your advice. I now have some ideas about how to handle her. To
emphasize, her nipping is in play - she is not biting out of meanness. However
she did growl at me yesterday but it is not a snarl with lips turned back. I
went to put her leash on outside when she went after the leash, playing with
it and nipping my hands as I tried to attach it to her collar. When I rolled
her over to get at her collar better, she did not like that at all so I made
her stay right where she was on her back. I kept telling her NO BITE and she
growled and struggled but I held her down. Then my other dog began barking at
yet another dog (and she was loose) so I had to let her up and go catch my
other dog.

The breeder told me, the vet has told me too that she needs to learn who's
boss. I just didn't expect this kind of behavior in this type of dog. I had a
terrier years ago, and she reminds me of him in some ways. My husband OTH,
does not think she has a problem at all. He thinks she's a great dog. I am
home with my boys this summer so I devote most of my time and effort into
caring for her. If she snarls and bites anyone, she's out of here. If I feel I
can't trust her, then I will not keep her either. I will try the various ideas
and see how she matures. Her mother was very sweet. The breeder told me she
takes her to hospitals to visit sick kids. I met the Dad too and he did not
bark or growl at us strangers. So I don't know where this is coming from. I
find it interesting that she has not growled at anyone else. Anyway, thanks
for your ideas.