[PyrNet-L] Fwd: BREEDER ALERT--More information

Carol, Lee, and Pyrs,

Here is more information from Jacki regarding the man who resold the puppies.
Hope this is useful.

Stephanie, TeaTime and Paddy

---- Begin included message ----

<< I have forwarded your post to the Pyr list and friends who breed Shelties
and Scottish Deerhounds.  Can I please have the information regarding this
piece of slime that did this.  I would like to print information in the
Catoctin Kennel Club newsletter if that is ok with you >>

Thanks Gloria,

I used to be on the sSheltie list but it got pretty overwhelming and when I
changed servers I "lost" the address. would appreciate.   Well, I believe this
man bought those puppies with the express intent of reselling them.  He
contacted me first and told me he wanted to buy two guaranteed show quality
pups (either sex and not necessarily of the same sex). I had a litter of two
males and already had a deposit on one. Was toying with keeping the other but
did not need another male--plus we were moving. He knew all the right
questions to ask and gave all the answers----they were for he and his wife to
show. they would live in the house, etc etc. I put him in touch with Nancy who
had the "computer" litter. Corky was getting the only male so that is how he
came to get two of the opposite sex.  Anyway, he signed my contract with no
questions asked. He really gave Nancy a hassle about hers--yet the two
contracts are IDENTICAL!!!!! (In fact she borrowed mine and copied it!!--with
my permission).  There are two clauses that he broke--one being that the puppy
was NOT to be resold and the other being that if for ANY reason he did not
keep the puppy it would be returned to the Seller(breeder)!!!!!  Nancy even
SPECIFECALLY asked him if he was planning on reselling the puppy--is that why
he did not want to sign. He said no, of course not!!!    This man's name--at
least what he gave us was Michael Kamer of Pearblossom CA. The pups were
shipped to LAX, althought he asked that they be sent to Burbank, I refused, as
there were no direct flights.  He said he had a ranch in Pearblossom.  Since
he is in breach of contract I see no harm in passing on the information I have
sent you or what I put on GV.  also, in this case, at least, the dogs are in
what I believe is a very good home and a show home--but it could have turned
out much worse!!!!!

Thanks,
Jacki
---- End included message ----