Re: [PyrNet-L] responses to posts

I've stayed out of this one so far, but would like to offer some
comments now.

I think that Mitzi meant well, and discussed what maybe *she* would do.
No decision is made easily.  But in defense of Mitzi, she has stated
many times that she prefers very submissive dogs to fit into her home
enviroment.  So the idea of a dominant/aggressive dog to her is not what
she wants, and therefore suggested first to take the dog back to the
breeder, then she might put the dog down.    Nothing at all wrong with
that in my mind.

On the other hand, if one was new and came onto either list and did not
know Mitzi, I could see where some may take her advice as to put the dog
down.  It does sound harsh, and who wants to have visions of fluffy
little cute 10 week old puppies being put down?  Not me.

Either way, I think both comments are valid. Mitzi's for what she would
do, and Carol's for what she thought was a careless statement.

As has been stated, this is just an internet list.  Not life or death.
If one of us told everyone to jump off a bridge, I think there would be
very few takers <g> (I hope).  You must listen to all advice/posts, then
do what you feel you must.  By following some of the advice, or
furthering your own education by going to a vet, or animal trainer, or
animal behaviorists.

OK, that was my 2 cents.  Actually close to 6 cents, but whose counting
<g>

Joan