Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: more puppy problems

> choice - Select from below:  1- Go to a vet; 2- complain to the breeder;
> or 3- euthanize.
> Helping a Pyr become a worthwhile member of your family requires more
> than these three options.
> And the list members can help offer those other options.

The reason why people are more apt to suggest euthinasia for agression
now-a-days is because of new laws and lawsuites that have surfaced.
While 30 years ago, if a dog bit some one, the person probably just
learned to avoid the dog and the family learned to lock the dog up.
Now, if a dog bites, (in some states) it must be reported like a gunshot
wound, a police report is filed, and the perosn w/ the dog could and
proabably *would* be sued for everything that they ever owned or would
think of owning.
	Rather then looking at it as ignorance.  Look at it as
education.  A biting dog might have been excepted 30 years ago, but
today we know, through science, that it is not normal and it is usually
caused by some medical/chemical/genetic means that no amount of
love/training/understanding can fix.
	Is it pretty?  By no means.  But also 30 years ago puppymills
and petstores were not the big cash cows they are today and the dog that
the "average" joe-pet person buys is 9 times out of 10 derived from
these festering pits of genetic disasters.
	While it takes work, and lots of it, to make *any* dog a
worthwile part of the family, you have to have soemthing of sound *mind*
and body to start with.

--

Adrienne Wilder
Murrayville GA