[PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Goodbye to Sebastien

This morning we put our precious beautiful Sebastien to sleep. The
megaesophagus, a truly terrible disease, got the better of him, and during
the past week the quality of his life declined. Sebastien was 11 years 5
months old. He had graced our life for six years, after I met him while he
was being walked on Sullivans Island by two vet techs from a local office -
Seb, then unneutered, had been taken to the vet for roaming problems and
snapping at his owners, both of whom worked long hours, but he snapped only
in the context of being crated all day, every day, at which he rebelled,
snapping only when being put away for the day. The vet thought Seb was
really a wonderful animal who needed neutering and a fenced yard, and asked
the owners for permission to neuter and place him, which they did. Seb
loved our 10-acre fenced property and the gibbons, stopped roaming, and was
dearly loved by all. All my staff, including our wonderful maintenance man,
have shed many tears, Shirley

Dr. Shirley McGreal, Int. Primate Protection League
POB 766 Summerville, SC 29484, USA
PHONE: 843-871-2280  FAX: 843-871-7988
E-MAIL: ippl@awod.com  <http://www.ippl.org>
Meet the rescued gorilla Pitchou! Click on
<http://www.ippl.org/ippl-news.html#pitchou>