RE: [PyrNet-L] experience

Ken et al,  Pyrs can be tremendous escape artists.  We live with Sam aka Houndini.  If we do not put
clips on the latches of his crates, he gets out.  If the clips aren't put on correctly (kids or
Grandpa not paying attention) he gets out.

Warrick took him to a carting workshop.  During portions of the workshop where the dogs were not
being trained and the handlers were, he and the other dogs were put in their crates.  They hadn't
started the discussion when Sam came ambling over.  Warrick put him back.  Before he got back to his
spot, Sam was behind him.  Warrick had forgotten the clips for the crate doors.

Someone actually asked how Warrick had trained Sam to do this.  I think there are two things you
NEVER teach a dog to do...open his crate and how to open the fridge.

There must be others that have stories of "The Great Escape"....let's here them. <g>

Colette

Colette & Warrick Wilson
Avignon Reg'd Kennels
Great Pyrenees & Berger des Pyrenees