[PyrNet-L] grooming & question

Hi Galaxi,  It's kathy.......From what I have learned of Pyrs, they usually love water, mud, puddles, etc.  Since I can't always bathe Heidi, I brush her with A mixture of 2 parts corn starch to 1 part baby powder.  If she's real smelly (not very often), I use baking soda instead of the baby powder.  Be sure to buy baby powder without talc.  Talc is not only bad for her lungs but humans as well.  I usually brush her every other day, whether she needs it or not.  I do this in the evening & it calms her down for bed.  I've been using the above for a year & a half on my Samoyed who has a very heavy double coat & HATES water.  It works very well.

QUESTION?  Could someone please tell me the name of the procedure to correct slobbering?  I'm trying to see if there is a Vet in our area who is familiar with & has done this procedure, before we have her spayed so she only needs 1 round of anesthesia.  By the way, wish I had known about spaying early.  I would have had it done sooner.  She will be getting spayed in 2wks.  She'll be 6mos old.

Kathy, Joe, Chewbear(Sammy) and Heidi(pyr)
Wish you well.. Woof, Woof