[PyrNet-L] Re: Correcting Slobbering

Kathy wrote: ...QUESTION?  Could someone please tell me the
name of the procedure to correct slobbering?

Its so disturbing that after the couple of negative comments
regarding the issue this question is being asked yet again.
You "correct" a severely displastic hip, a disjointed elbow,
or an entropic eye. You DO NOT correct what is a perfectly
natural and normal function of the breed. Despite whatever
anyone told you, Pyrs drool, as do Newfs, Saints, Tibetans,
and most larger breeds. That drooling may be more or less
prominent in individual dogs, but drool is INEVITABLE and
you should never have even considered such a dog in the
first place if that was going to be a problem. Surgically
altering the dogs mouth to somehow prevent this is so
outrageous I can't believe that more people haven't
responded to this post. Its bordering on cruelty, much like
debarking. Dogs bark, that's their job, they drool, that's
their nature. Why on earth would you want to change that?
The very idea is just plain wrong. The name for such a
procedure? Unnecessary.

So sorry to break lurk mode, but this topic was too much for
me!

Best wishes to all,

Dawn

Former Tibetan and Saint owner, currently owned by Gracie
(Pyr/Newf) and Bodhi (Newf).