Re: [PyrNet-L] Rainbow is here!

Mitzi,

I'm sitting bawling like an idiot.  I just sent Codie (stud muffin)  away with
his new family and pray and he will be as loved as Rainbow is now.  I spent
hours and hours combing him out.  The pile next to him was bigger than he was.

I still have the 2 puppies (now eating - thanks to all the wonderful help) and
the 2 teenagers (9 month old males) and if you want to see heartbreak--just
look at the 9 month old male who is laying in a hole--petrified of everything
around him.  I had to carry him out of his kennel and lay him in the suburban
and the vet did his heartworm check right back there.  I had to carry him last
week for his neuter in and out of every place.  I wish someone as caring as
you would adopt him and show him that there is human kindness in this world.

He is matted, dirty, and has that hopeless look in his eyes.  I pray that I
can bring him around.  This is really a sad situation with these guys, yet it
doesn't compare to the ones Pam does down there in Texas, or those of you who
have been doing this for years and with larger numbers.

One of the 9 month olds and the larger of the 2 puppies is going to a vet who
has a sheep ranch on 150 acres.  These will be the first working dogs I have
fostered, and have to remind myself that this is what they have done for
thousands of years--but the thought of them out in those fields instead of
laying next to somebody in bed stealing potato chips really makes me kinda
sad.

Thanks again Mitzi for taking Wendy, and Lisa for meeting me to get her,

Marcie
(and the 6 romping, stomping white machines outside my window)