Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: CHAT gaining weight to fast?

Hi Linda,
Welcome to the list.  Sounds like Baby is doing well and weighs about
what she should. It is truly amazing how fast these dogs grow during
their first year; but if you figure they go from around a pound to 70 or
80 in a year, guess they have to.  Usually 13-week old puppies do not
overeat and just grow at whatever rate is right for them.  Just watch to
make sure that you can still feel ribs without having to poke around.

We do not like to feed our dogs foods that are very high in protein.  We
are currently feeding our pups the IAMS Puppy Food Large Breed formula
because it is lower in protein than some puppy foods.  We have also
tried the Eukanuba Puppy Food Large Breed formula but could not stand
the fish oil smell. We usually put our pups on adult food by 6 months
and sometimes earlier if they are getting fat.
Charlotte