[PyrNet-L] Microchips

Hi Gang,  We knew we liked this chat list & now it's confirmed.  Our vet told us about microchips but we kind of thought it was just a new way for them to make $$$$.  I know, pretty cynical......we now know from all your input that this is a good thing for both our "babies"......'cause ya never know......

When we were first looking for a Pyr, we were told that they do not leap & bound & do "puppy" things & that they are extremely laid back.......we have found that to some degree this is true, especially in the presence of other dogs & in new situations. However, if you could see Heidi jumping over Chewbear & throwing her backside from side to side, you would split your sides laughing.......this occurs mainly when she thinks we're taking her for a KLAW (we have to spell walk backward ) or when we are going for a ride.  As yet, she does not catch balls or retrieve them but she will walk around with a ball in her mouth......that's pretty funny too since it's hot pink & really shows up well!!!!

A while back someone suggested jelly beans with pectin in them for car sickness.  We went crazy trying to find JB's with Pectin.  Finally in one of our supermarkets where they sell things like that in bulk, we found "MIke & Ike" candies.  In the bulk form they have pectin & it has really seemed to help Heidi.  The test will be our next trip to my daughter's (1 1/2 hr drive) which we will take when the weather gets cooler. Right now, we are suffering the triple H syndrome (hazy, hot & humid).

Kathy, Joe, Chewbear(Sammy) and Heidi(pyr)
Wish you well.. Woof, Woof