Re: [PyrNet-L] Patellas

Our breeder decided not to repeat the breeding because the luxation
occurred in two puppies out of five live births (one was stillborn). I
don't know it it's significant that it was in both males. When we look at
the video we took of Paddington as a puppy, we *think* we can see some
difference in his movement....but it may have been just puppy clumsiness.
Our vet checked him very carefully right after we brought him home. All
the puppies were sold on pet spay/neuter contracts anyway--limited
registration papers on proof of surgery. Of course, it wouldn't have made
any difference if we'd known about it. We met the litter when they were
three weeks old and would have taken any one of them regardless!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose