[PyrNet-L] Puppy weight gain

Hi Gang, It's Confused Kathy......I've been reading that a lot of you take your pups off of puppy chow at 6 mos. due to excessive weight gain and/or rapid growth.  It was my understanding that there are nutrients, vitamins, etc. in puppy chow to promote healthy bones, teeth, etc.  If this is true, what do you use to supplement the pups for good health?

Right now, we are using puppy Pro-Plan & mixing it half & half  with adult Pro-Plan. Heidi is 6 1/2 mos. old, weighs 70lbs. & stands 25inches at the withers.  We thought this was about right since her mother was 150lbs.

Is she supposed to double her weight by the time she reaches her full growth?  My husband thinks she kind of chunky but I think it's just that heavy look of the breed.  The Vet thinks a little puppy fat is not a bad thing.  We can still feel her ribs gently through her side (without pressing hard).  Any comments or sugestions would be welcomed.

Thanks for listening.

Kathy, Joe, Chewbear(Sammy) and Heidi(pyr)
Wish you well.. Woof, Woof