[PyrNet-L] Great information!!!

Hello everybody.  I just joined Pyrnet-L and so far I love it.  I have
learned alot of new info on the breed just by reading what all of you
write.  I will be getting my first Pyr at the beginning of October and
am so looking forward to it.  I just want to make sure I understand a
something that I have read here so far.  Someone wrote that you should
put your 6-7 month old pup on adult food.  Am I correct in
understanding that it is because they gain weight so quickly that you
want to slow them down to reduce undue stress on young bones and
joints to prevent future problems?  This breed is so different from
other breeds and the lack of resources is frustrating.  I have 2
american cocker spaniels and I can find 100's of references on them,
but try to find 2-3 good references on the Great Pyrenees.  If anyone
would like to give me some generla information on the breed I would
appreciate it.  I will keep checking in with all of you and ask alot
of questions as they pop up.

Thanks - Alison