[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Having a Pyr's good for the heart!

         Lately I've really been discovering how therapeutic it can be to have
a dog and
     especially a Great Pyrenees.  (Course I may be just a bit prejudiced
there!) But
     those soulful eyes and how sensitive they are and also how goofy and
comical
     and expressive they are all combine to make one pretty good friend that
can
     cheer you up & even make you laugh when you thought there was no way
you'd
     feel like it!  My brother had been dying from cancer for a very long time
and has
     been in hospice care for the unheard-of time of 17 mos.  Really suffering
a lot
     lately. He finally died on Thursday night. It's a real relief that his
suffering is now a
     thing of the past. For that I'm thankful. Yet it's still easy for those
blue thoughts
     to creep in at a time like this.  It helps a lot to have the hubby and
kids and
     friends I do. It also has been so good to have Albert to take on walks
and cuddle
     and hug and be slimed by and make me laugh as he does throughout the
day!!
         Friday my hubby George, Albert & I met my friend Nancy , who brought
Heidi,
     Albert's sister, & her daughter Laura. We met at our local Huff 'N' Puff
wooded
     trail system. It's always great fun to get Albert and Heidi together and
let them
     play like crazy! They are so close and good, but very rambunctious
playmates!
     They played & played and then finally we decided to go on an actual walk
(novel
     concept!!) instead of just watching them play in the parking lot!. Since
they had
     now sufficiently slimed each other and wrestled like crazy!  We had a
nice walk
     and visit and the dogs were very good on the walk.
         Nancy & I are tempted to have a birthday party for Albert & Heidi's
littermates!
     They will soon be one year old! We enjoyed the littermates reunion in
July and
     have been wanting to have another one! So we're working on planning one.
All
     checking our calendars! Should be fun! We'll have to get Becky to this
one!
     These  pups still get so incredibly excited everytime they see her!!!!
(Becky has
     the mama dog and also one of Albert's sisters Puff. So she was the one
that had
     the pups until we got them!)  Think she must have done something very
right with
     them and lavished them with lots of love as they sure like to lavish her
with love!!!
     That's so neat to see!!
          Also want to thank many of you who have been there for me through my
     brother's illness, especially the past month or so. There's some pretty
terrific
     people on these lists! Thankful that we can also share things other than
just Pyr
     stuff sometimes. Great group of people! Very thankful for the friendships
I've
     made here.

      :)  &  :)``````  (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling and sliming
me when I
                         need a good slime!!!! )

     Janice Vocke
     MagEBroD@aol.com