[PyrNet-L] Introduction.....

Hi,

I'm new to this list (hope I'm doing this right :)...and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Jennifer, I'm married, live in Allen Park, MI, and work in Farmington Hills as an administrator for an auto parts supplier.

I have two Pyrs, both rescues from the Great Pyr Rescue of Michigan.  My oldest, Powder, is 19 mo old...and my younger one, Pep-cee is 10 mo old.  Both girls, both characters !

My husband and I decided on this breed in the fall of last year.  We met our rescue contact (Angie) in October and adopted Powder in January when she came into the program.  Pep-cee came a bit later in May.  Powder had been banished to the backyard of her previous owner for slobbering too much.  She was rescued from that home by someone who knew the people, and was later turned into Angie.  Pep-cee was found wondering a metropark with urine burns so bad that the bottoms of her feet were burned and her skin was blistered.  Pep-cee was thought to have a horrible urinary tract infection, that would eventually end up cleared with antibiotics and maybe some permanent nerve damage.  Come to find out 4 months later, 4 vets later, 10 vet appointments later, and many hundreds of dollars later...she has 5 major birth defects in her urinary tract system and is having re-construction surgery just next week.  We are very pleased to finally have a diagnosis of these problems, and very hopeful for a full recovery to a normal life for her.  My rescue is hoping to publish Pep-cee's story in the Great Pyrenees Club newsletter, so keep your eye out for us :)

I have become active with the rescue here in Michigan and have started fostering for Angie on a limited basis.  Needless to say, our household is always busy !

I don't know if you guys pass around picture links, but I'm always willing to show off my girls ! :)
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/3376/powdersmom.html

Any other Pyr owners from Michigan on the list?

Jennifer