[PyrNet-L] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.19980922

<<  Let me
 know how you make out with Cooper. If he hasn't had problems before now,
 I'd be inclined to try a glucosamine product, along with the aspirin when
 necessary, and see if that will keep him moving well without surgery. If
 the knee is actually popping out, that's another story >>
Ann,
Thanks for clarifying. Ever since Cooper was about 6 mths old, he has always
had a loud clicking, which I thought it was coming from his hips. the vet
checked his hips out(by examination) and said his hips seemed fine. It wasn't
until he spent this summer running around on the sand up north, that he became
lame on the right leg.
So took him in for hip x-rays which turned out fine, but thats when the vet
noticed that he could luxate Cooper's kneecaps, which x-rays showed that there
isn't much of a groove for his patellas to set into, making them unstable and
pop out quite easy. There seems to be a little bit of arthritic changes on the
right, (accorfing to x-ray) but hard to tell. the left knee doesn't give him
any problems, but still pops in and out.
Hope this history wasn't too long.
Fondly,
Becky, Cooper, and Zoe( who is having a puppy crazy, since Cooper is laying on
the couch sleeping :)