[PyrNet-L] Michigan Rescues

My husband and I (but not Travis, so far) want to join Jennifer and Mitzi in
giving thanks to Marcie and Angie of Michigan rescue.  Last weekend we drove
14 hours each way from Boston to Detroit and back to pick up our new rescue
girl, Sugar, at Angie's house.  Sugar's people were moving into a trailer park
that only allowed dogs of under 20 pounds...   We were in a hurry to start
back and were not able to spend as much time as we would have liked with Angie
and her family.  They were gracious and hospitable people.  We were met at the
door by Angie's Pyr Koda, an incredibly handsome boy, heavily marked with gray
ears that were almost black at the tips.  I wished I could have taken him too!
 Sugar slept most of the way home (except for a stop for hash browns at
Wendy's, and a few pit stops) and is adjusting very well.  She is on the small
side and - at the best - of 'indifferent' conformation, but her name surely
fits.  Travis is upset that she can jump up on the bed unassisted, although
she is half his weight; I told him that he just had to practice more.  Thanks
again, Angie and Marcie.

Gerry, Floyd, Travis and Sugar