Re: [PyrNet-L] Introduction.....

Jennifer,

Welcome to the list.  I have to admit to everyone on the list that I am the
woman who rescued Powder from her previous owner, and fostered her for about 3
months, thinking I might just keep her, and then Angie called and told me
about you and your husband.  I drove her right down because the home sounded
wonderful, and here she  would have been 1 of 3 dogs, and at your house she
was going to be the "only dog".  I couldn't deprive her of that.  I am also
happy to hear that you got her a playmate, as she was only about 8 months old
when I took her in, and I think she will enjoy the companionship.  I think the
people on the list know the story on her---she is the one I paid $100 for to
get her into rescue because the owner thought she would be a "great mom" and
didn't mind if whoever bought her had a litter or 2 of puppies.  It was the
best $100 I ever spent, because I know I prevented many, many puppies from
being born.  I know rescues cannot "buy" dogs, but occasionally my gut
overrides my brain when it comes to leaving them in their current situations.

Again, welcome!!!

Marcie and her menagerie