[PyrNet-L] Hurricane Georges - Florida info forwarded

In a message dated 9/24/98 2:13:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, MAILER-
DAEMON@aol.com writes:

<<
  FORWARD: From: "VICTORIA KING" <hero@magicnet.net>

  As I am sure those of us who live in Florida are only too well aware,
  Hurricane Georges is barrelling down upon us - the latest satellite and
  radar pictures tell the story very vividly.  There is a strong possibility
  that it may hit (unless we are lucky) the same area devastated by H. Andrew
  just a few years ago.   I have been in touch with Animal Control in Central
  Florida - where they have a disaster preparedness plan worked out and if
  needed it is anticipated that the Volusia County Fairgrounds will once again
  receive incoming animals as they did with the fires during the early summer.
  The Fairgrounds are located in Deland, Fl just off I.4.   Seminole County
  Animal Services also has a pet shelter being prepared - with all modern
  conveniences at the Sanlando United Methodist Church in Longwood, FL at the
  intersection of I.4 and 434 (just north of the Orlando city limits).  Their
  phone number is 407 339 1966. Debbie Douglas is in charge.  I do not know at
  this time if Orange County has shelters available in case of need but if
  this information becomes available I will post again.  If the worst happens
  and disaster strikes please ready yourselves to help in any way you can, but
  let us all pray that this monstrous storm veers out to the ocean and that
  these preparations will not be needed.

  Please cross post this information to breed and local lists whose members
  may be affected by the path of this storm.

  Victoria King
  <hero@magicnet.net>
  Chinese Crested Rescue ( other small dogs too ) and Greyhounds
  Orlando, Florida   (ICQ 16809678)
  http://members.tripod.com/~nekkiddogs/ind >>