Re: [PyrNet-L] dumb question/books

I think the most important thing to remember is the amount of anesthesia to
give a pyr.  there is documented evidence that they do not need as much as
is prescribed by their weight and in fact some pyrs have not recovered
because of being over-anethesticized.  i know when i told that to my vet,
he later told me he was amazed how little anesthetic it took to put czar
under to be neutered.  about 2/3 of what he would have given him given the
normal "based on weight" approach.

i'm sure others here have more technical info on this issue.

susan dobscha

"Autumn B. Ferguson" <aferguso@aug.edu> on 10/07/98 11:34:57 AM

Please respond to pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org