[PyrNet-L] neutering

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:27:57 -0700, Danita Acquafredda wrote:

>Regarding neutering of male pyres, I have 3 males(and one female fixed)
of
>which none have been neutered, nor have I considered same.  Should I?
>What are the advantages of having a male neutered?  My female was fixed
due
>medical conditions and, of course, due my 3 males and her inability to
have
>a litter of pups.

Generally speaking the two most common reasons for neutering are to
decrease the risk of reproductive cancer (I have seen few older
non-neutered pets who haven't gotten cancer) and to minimize the hormone
driven undesirable behaviors.

Angie  L.V.T. (worked in private vet. practices for 12 1/2 years)
Mich Great Pyr Rescue