Re: [PyrNet-L] Adding to my life

I like your definition better than some I have heard.  No, I don't think
BYB is an apt term.  We must come up with another one.  I would say that
most all breeders are BYB in they don't have a kennel set up to
specifically breed and raise dog with.  What you have just described is a
"Puppy Miller" regardless of whether they produce one litter a year or 200
of different breeds.  These are the people that create the rescues.  Most
of the people I know that raise and breed a litter of puppies occasionally
care very much about what happens to these dogs after they are sold.
	I noticed your definition did not mention showing as I have noticed just
this morning was consider to be a prerequisite to being a good reputable
breeder in one post.  Personally, showing doesn't even enter into the
equation.
Beverly Coate
C&C Farms  Stigler Oklahoma   USA
Visit our website at  http://www.cwis.net/~bcoate
bcoate@cwis.net
ICQ #20747702

 Beverly Coate wrote:

> > Don't want to sound tacky here but can you give me a definition of
> > what you call a BYB?

Judith answered: