[PyrNet-L] Chat, Breeding: Aggression can raise your insurance costs and other's too

   I was recently reading an article about aggression in dogs and how some
communities require you to have insurance bonds if you have certain breeds of
dogs that they consider more vicious. Also it was telling about how more and
more insurance companies are either excluding people or raising their rates a
lot if they own certain breeds of dog that they consider aggressive. One
company quoted had 20 breeds that fell in this category!!  If I locate this
article again I'll try to call that company and see which breeds they list.
Hopefully ours is not one of these. I feel sure it isn't. But if aggression
continues to be prized by some it could be someday. This is something to keep
in mind when talking about how much aggression is OK and how much is too much.
It is possible that even if some of our dogs are sweethearts and not
aggressive that other dogs within the breed that are bred for aggression or
where this trait is prized could ultimately affect all of us if they cause
this breed to one day be on one of these lists.  So it is our business if
other dogs within our breed are aggressive!! Even if ours are not! Something
to think about! I for one feel my insurance rates are quite high enough!

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.