Re: [PyrNet-L] If Pyrs were easy to train...

Catherine, I really enjoy and appreciate your wisdom and insight into
training in general, and working with pyrs in particular. We certainly got
our pyrs with the knowledge that we *would* do basic obedience training
with them. In fact, it was in our contract. Our trainer was encouraging
about trying for a CD with Paddington, but he has something of a limp
after his patellar luxation surgery so would not be admitted to an
obedience ring. Also, he doesn't like it much....too boring. He'll go
along for a brief time, and is trained so that he is wonderful to live
with, but he finds structured classes and training groups tedious. Ivy
Rose, on the other hand, loves to work with us--especially for dried
chicken liver--but is too shy, certainly at present, for us to consider
more than the basic training that is making her, too, a fine sociable
house dog. I can't imagine having a dog at all, let alone one the size of
a pyr, without doing some really intentional training.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose