Re: [PyrNet-L] Crating an older dog

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Mitzi Potter wrote:

> Everything I
> learned with mine was instinct only-that's usually the best way :-)

I like to think of "instinct" as having to do with the connection we've
established or recognized between ourselves and the other creature,
natural world, whatever. And I agree--trying to use techniques and
suggestions that go against my instincts has never been successful.
I have another question, however, regarding crate-training a puppy. If you
are going to use it as a house-training device, you want the puppy to
sleep in the crate the first night you have him/her home...and when taking
naps during the day. I'm not anticipating a puppy any time soon, but what
do people do with a new one who has not been crated before?
Ann, Peg, Paddington (I didn't like my crate at first, and I'm still not
crazy about it) and Ivy Rose.