[PyrNet-L] Care, Health: Danger in pennies...

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Children or pets who swallow a penny minted after
1981 should be monitored to see if they pass the coin, because newer
pennies are predominantly made from zinc, which can cause ulcers or
other problems, a researcher said Monday. "Most pennies will pass
through the body quickly and harmlessly, and it would take more than
one penny to cause serious damage," said Sara O'Hara, a pediatric
radiologist at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C. "But as
in the case of one toddler we X-rayed, a penny that stays in the
stomach can cause an ulcer and discomfort within a matter of days. In
animals, the problem can be more serious," she said in a report. See
http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2557408692-b0e

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and