Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: health: Rawhides

TLehrman@aol.com wrote:

>   From what I've read, much rawhide comes from overseas where
> formaldehyde and other chemicals are used to cure the hide and preserve it.
> To be safe, you should only buy rawhide that says 'all natural' AND made in
> the USA.       Ted

I buy my bones at Costco.  It's Harper's brand.  The back panel reads:
"Harper's Beefhide Chewies are all natural and naturally good for your dog.
The individual variations in the coloring and shape of our products are your
guarantee
that Harper's is processed free of additives, dyes or preservatives."
There is no mention of where they're made, but the company is in IL.
A pkg. of 12 bones is approx. $11.  I've seen these size bones sold indiviually
for
$6 *each!!  When I've run out I've caught the kids chewing the the door jambs :-(
They love them and it keeps the furniture, etc. intact.

Cindy Zellick
Chico, CA USA
cindyzel@worldnet.att.net