[PyrNet-L] Henke pets.

Hi folks, it occurs to me, as I read your wonderful, helpful letters,
that I didn't do this right.  I am sorry, I am not experienced in this
form of communication ( my teenage kids nurse me along a lot ), and I had
no idea how friendly, helpful, and willing to talk Pyrs. everyone would
be!

Stepping back, my name is Cindy Henke, I have a hubby, Bob, two Kids,
Kendra and Todd ( 3rd. year college, and a senior in H. S.), we live in
Ennis Tx. South of Dallas.

The Pyr, kids came into a home with one 7 yr. old Shi-Tzu ( Su-Ling ),
four cats, two birds ( Cockatiel and Patagonian Conure ), two Pot-Belly
pigs ( Rocky and Ruby ), and an aquarium.  There are also horses,
(  Tennessee Walkers ) , chickens, geese, and very loving turkeys, on 35
acres.  But the Pyrs are house dogs!

Ranger, Kemosabi, Silver, and Polar Bear, were purchased in Dallas, but
their parents are working dogs in Southern Oklahoma.  The breeder reports
that the two females, and one male up on his ranch have kept his place,
stock loss free, since he went to the breed.

I could see, after my first few letters that everyone really gets to know
each other and refers to each other, so I felt that I erred by not
introducing myself better!

I had to laugh, as I now understand that my Pyrs will be barkers, from
the rather humorous comments.  Thanks for letting me know that they
appear to be growing in regular form.  And I guess I am not the only one
with stories of their amazing flexibility.  As I told David last night, I
spend more time than I should with my mouth hanging open.  The kids also
get upset with me, telling me that I never would have let them do flying
leaps on to the top of the backs of the couches.  My correction time
tends to lag, because I never am sure that I really saw what I saw.  How
do dogs this size do some of the things I am hearing, or seeing them
do???

And to answer a general question, I did not intend to do four.  I went to
do one, maybe two.  A  friend became interested, and asked me to pick out
one for her.  I asked if taking three might bring the price down a bit?
The owner said if I would take the remaining five he would reduce them to
half.  The area around Corsicana south of us is heavy goat and sheep
country, and he thought we could sell them easier from where we were than
he could in Dallas.  Which  is probably true.  When my friend took her
pick, it left us to decide on the remaining four.  Well, you all have to
know what the lovability factor is on four 8-week old balls of fluff,
right??  And sanity is not a strong point of this family to begin with.
So there you have the Henke family raising four gorgeous creatures along
with the rest of the family.  And it really has not been as bad as you
may think, they do entertain each other a lot.  You do wish you had more
arms at times because no one wants to be left out of cuddles and
touching.  Good thing I have flexible feet!  I do have a wall ( make that
DID ) in my dinette that now needs to be wainscotted or re-sheet rocked,
but that is the worst thing they have done.  My Mastiffs ate the arm off
my sofa and the bent wood off my rocker at that age!  We chain linked the
carport and put gates up at either end so they now have a large 17'x32"
run undercover for when we are gone, saving anymore  damage to the
dinette, which they had outgrown as a space to be left in.

I guess that is all I can think of at this moment.  Oh, two females are
all white, Ranger and Kemo have the light tan markings on head and rear.
And their black eyeliner is even more pronounced, so as to look like
egyptian koal liner.  They really mesmerize people!

I hope this helps, and I look forward to getting to know you all better!
 Yours in the love of Pyrs.!  Cyn.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]