[PyrNet-L] RE: CHAT: can anyone help this woman?

The following is a post I read on the acme bulletin board.  I received her
permission to forward it on to this list.  If anyone out there can give this
woman any ideas, I think she would appreciate it.
Her email address is:
wickizer@mis.net
post:
My neighbors from heck (who don't believe in vets, don't vaccinate, let
their 20+ dogs run free, etc.) want to order a Great Pyrenees from a
cockfighting magazine that says they are good guard dogs for fighting
chickens.... I've got to stop this if I can!!!! These people are
unbelievable - words cannot express - but they absolutely, positively don't
need a Great Pyrenees! They've got 20+ untrained, unvaccinated mutts all
breeding uncontrollably, killing deer all over the country because they
won't keep them penned, spreading parvo and who knows what else. They had a
beautiful rottie last year but killed it (shot it) because "it wasn't mean
enough - it'd let anyone pet it." Last year they also had a beautiful beagle
pup that died of parvo & received no vet treatment. They won't even
acknowledge tha parvo is a disease - they say it's just something vets came
up with to take your money. When their dogs die from it, they accuse
everyone in the area of poisoning their dogs.... Please help me keep this
from happening to a Pyrenees - give me any horror stories you've got about
them eating chickens, health problems, anything I can use to disuade these
people!!!!!
(FYI: I've tried contacting our humane society about them - they wouldn't
even return my phone calls. I've tried calling the newspaper & local media
who say "that's just how some old farmers are". I've even tried calling the
police only to find out the hard way that our county judge is his cousin!
And to make it even better, their 50 year old son just moved in after
spending 17 years in prison for raping a child...thank God my dogs are
protective towards my children!)