Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Behavior: Eating rugs

Ann Wetherilt wrote:

> No suggestions, but another request for tips re Christmas trees and
> decorations! We have a small (4') artificial tree that has been fine on
> the coffee table the past few years. But with Ivy Rose.....??? We are
> thinking of suspending it from the ceiling! What do others do?

Last year with a not quite 1 year old pyr and a new kitty, we considered
- or I should say I considered the hanging the tree from the ceiling
idea.  My daughters didn't like that idea.  We ended up only putting
non-breakables on the tree.  Crochete snowflakes, different origami
decorations, cloth items....

This year, though our pyr is beginning to mature at almost 2 years, we
have another new kitty, so we will repeat the same concept.  As an extra
precaution, we don't let our pyr in the living room unattended this time
of year.

Another thought - be careful of dishes of candy (especially chocolate
candy) left about.

Cecilia
pyrfectpup@earthlink.net