Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

MagEBroD@aol.com wrote:

>    So where would you prefer to be bit? Or have your child bit? What place is
> OK or no big deal to you? There are muscles and tendons and ligaments all over
> our bodies and they were put there for a reason. They perform a needed
> function.  One that a dog bite could really damage and hurt the performance of
> those functions.

I've been reading this thread with great interest...you see, last summer my GSD
pup began to display some slight signs of insecurity/aggression (not biting) and I
became very alarmed. I began to do very intensive obedience training with him and
consulted with a behaviorist. Tony has come a long way; however, not without many,
many hours of work on his part as well as mine. I was prepared...although
heartbroken...to euthanize my dog if I could not get the problem under control or
erradicated...My feeling has always been that if I could not *trust* my dog I
wouldn't have him  or pass him along into another home (wouldn't be fair either to
the dog or the new family). I realize that all situations are different but this
is the way that I feel, primarily due to my lifestyle...business and
grandchildren. Bites do occur; however, this is one behavior that I won't tolerate
(unprovoked or unwarranted bites).

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and