Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

In a message dated 12/16/98 11:33:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<<
 Ah, children, yes.  Always afforded ultimate protection, but seldom
 taught respect in this day and age.  Oblivious to trespassing, because no
 parent teaches that it is wrong.  Being bit by dogs, drowning in pools,
 never held responsible, even the parents are never held responsible to
 teach.  Parents, the first teachers, in the end, the ultimate teachers,
 if they attempt to do their jobs. >>

These are not fair assessments.  Words like "seldom" is not fair or accurate.
Sometimes might be very accurate, but you generalize that most parents are
remiss in teaching their children respect and honor?  This shows a bias that
impugns the post.  There is a point in your post but to indict the whole
society is going a bit far.

Our children are our children.  By definition they are immature and lack the
maturity of reason that we must protect them.  Misbehaving children should be
taught to behave and not to get away with bad behavior, but we must at the
same time protect them from severe injury and death.  That's a plausible
outcome to the 140 pound Pyr attacking our children.  The one pound toy can
and should be dealt with but the degree of injury or likelihood of death is
not quite as imminent outcome to the act.

"Ultimate protection", Yes, I hope so.  It is the least we can do for them.
Excuse their poor behavior and unruly acts, never.  These are two different
subjects tied together by the acts themselves.

Joe