[PyrNet-L] Pyr Rescue in Maine

Although I commend the efforts you make on the behalf of your local shelter, I
would like to inform you that there is indeed a rescue group in your "region".
The affiliated chapter of the Great Pyrennees Club of America encompasses all
the New England States, in addition to the state of New York.  They sponsor an
active Rescue program.  The current Assistant Secretary of this club is
located in Augusta Maine, which I believe is an hour and 1/2 (approximate)
northwest of you.  Perhaps if you are truly interested, you might consider
contacting the club.

 <A HREF="http://www.servtech.com/~kreiter/pfne/offboard.html">Pyrenean
Fanciers of the Northeast:  Officers...</A>  I'm sure they would welcome all
the help you can give.  If you cannot foster, perhaps you might provide
transportation - another sorely needed job.  Or you might just want to
consider getting involved in the club activities - especially that of
"education" - we need to make people more aware of this breed, and reduce the
number of animals we receive in Rescue because of "too much hair"..."too
big"..."too much barking"....the list is sadly endless.

Good luck.