Re: [PyrNet-L] RE:HEALTH:CHAT: LGD and the food they get

Beverly,
Our vet told us the same thing.  She said the the Vetrinary School at Kansas
State had done some studies and tests were fairly conclusive that high protein
diets could be a factor in hip displasia.  She said that a large breed dog
might grow slower and take a little longer to reach adult size but that it
would be worth it in the end.  I'm certainly glad that you brought that up.
In fact, the last time I was at Petsmart I noticed that there are now puppy
foods for large breeds being sold.  There is less protein in them.
Dave