Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, Rescue: Vicious dog

>Hoping this helps to clarify things a bit.
>
>Janice Vocke
>MagEBroD@aol.com

Janice, that was a very good analysis...
I was going to do the same but didn't have the time...
I wish more people had the same responsibility that
you and Mitzi show....

The simple case (and I am referring to this ONE case)
1) The owner knew the dog could attack and was
    a possible danger.

2) The dog did attack in a situation that he could not
    determine as a non threatening situation.

3)  It has been determined by the court and boarding
    kennel that for whatever reasons, the dog is vicious

4)  Based on the above, a dog that will attack for the
     simple reason of being petted needs to be put down.
    And the owner knowing of such a possible situation
     can happen and not take the responsible steps to
    stop it from happening should accept the consequences
    of not taking care of his responsibilities - I read that
    he got 11 months.  I think the justice system came
    out on top in this case, and we should all take notes
    and make sure we can accept the proper responsibilities
    of dog ownership.

Again this is in reference to this one specific case...

Tim Parks