Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, Rescue: Vicious dog

<<I am still at a loss here... I can't think of any laws that state it is
tolerable for a dog to bite drunk people...>>

Tim, I don't think that you're getting my point.  I did NOT say that "it is
tolerable for a dog to bite drunk people", nor did I imply this.  I tried to
point out that dogs are VERY tuned in to behavior of people.  If you have a
dog that suffers from separation anxiety, one of the first things that an
animal behaviorist will tell you is to alter your behavior when you have to
leave the house.  Do things differently and not in the same order day after
day.  This way, the dog cannot predict that you're going, hence the dog
doesn't become as anxious (as an example).

If this particular dog perceived a threat based on abnormal behavior in a
person, then I can UNDERSTAND why the bite might have occurred, but I do NOT
think that the dog's behavior is acceptable.  Again, we weren't there, so we
don't know what really happened.

Karen