Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, Rescue: Vicious dog

<<Karen,  are you saying that because this was a young intoxicated woman,
the owner should be released from his responsibilities while she was a guest
of his?>>

Not at all.  I'm saying that I keep reading all of these untruths about this
story and I was trying to set (at least part) of the record straight.

I think that you're reading too much into what I was saying.  The ONLY point
that I was trying to make is DON'T believe everything that you read on the
internet.  I've been reading this thread on four different lists and each
one has it's own convoluted story.

You wrote "It has been stated that the owner knew this dog was a danger to
women. The boarding kennel that has been taking care of the dog has stated
that it is  clearly vicious. It was mentioned that a man will be needed for
transport because of the danger to women.  The court has deemed the animal
to be dangerous"

Do we know these statements to be "facts" or are they someone's
interpretation?   I certainly don't know where the information originated or
where the poster(s) of this information got the data from.  I'm not
questioning it, I'm saying that it might be true, it might be the poster's
interpretation, it might be alot of things.

<<Why is there persistence to save this dangerous dog?  Why not think of
future un expecting people who cross the path of this dog, or to take it
further, the next drunk young woman....>>

If you got that impression from my post, then I apologize as that was not my
intent.  If this dog is a danger to society, then IMOHO, he should be put
down.  As a rescue person, I have to make these kinds of decisions and
understand the need to do so.

Regards,
Karen Reiter
kreiter@servtech.com