Re: [PyrNet-L] Chilling Out

Beverly Coate wrote:

> Judith, you can have your 19° and 3 inches of snow.  It was a -20° chill
> factor here last night.  Have been thawing well wrapped water hydrants for
> water to the livestock for the last 2 hours.  Even the best insulated were
> frozen enough the water couldn't be turned on.  I really don't know how the
> farmers up north deal with this.  The only good part was the freeze made
> the dog pens easy to clean out for the rescues.  Now there are telling us a
> low of 16° with snow tomorrow maybe the wind won't be so bad.  Man, I
> didn't need this with goats that could kid any day.
> Beverly Coate
> C&C Farms  Stigler Oklahoma   USA

Bev:

 I used to raise Suffolk sheep, and you know, I could almost always guarantee
they would always start lambing on the coldest night of the winter, which used
to always fall in February.  Then once one ewe starting lambing, they all
seemed to come at once in the same week.  So we were always frozen solid and
sleep deprived for several days....

Tracy