Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: Chat, Behavior: Barking problems

>I have been told by many that if you can teach a dog to bark on command
>then you can also teach them to turn off the barking with another
>command. Good luck!

I had pyrs about 10 years ago and just recently got another...
but my experience 10 years ago taught me that there was
nothing short of death that get those two to shut up at night.
They beleived it was their duty to bark all night and turning
a water hose on them was only a game.  About the only
thing that worked was to bring them inside.  I remember
visiting Carol Kentopp of Karolaska back then and she had
a few of her pyrs debarked...  it didn't seem to bother them...

Tim Parks